Wednesday, March 25, 2009

On my way to the Elite Eight!

Hey all-Tegan here.....

These past couple of weeks at SMSU have been extremely exciting! Our Men’s Basketball team has earned its title as the Conference Champion and is now advancing in the NCAA Division II tournament to the Elite Eight held in Springfield Massachusetts. SMSU hosted the beginning of the tourney in the RA facility. I have never seen this much school spirit or enthusiasm at SMSU. SO AWSOME!

Although most of the students were gone for Spring Break, there were a few of us who stayed for various reasons. I have to say though; I am glad I stayed and was able to join the crowd cheering on our Mustangs. Crazy fans with ridiculous outfits, signs, and cheers filled the stands for each game. (Myself included. I happened to purchase bright yellow jeans from Wall Mart and had quite a good time being an SMSU fanatic.) I can’t wait to road trip to Massachusetts and cheer on SMSU’s Mustangs in the eight!!!!!

GO MUSTANGS!

No comments:

Post a Comment