Wednesday, October 7, 2015

What's Your Mustang Story?



Hello Mustangs!

We are halfway through week number 7 of my senior year! Wasn’t it just move in week last?! This semester has been flying by – I can’t believe we are almost halfway through it! It has been a fun semester so far with many memories made. I am so sad that my time at SMSU is coming to an end, but I won’t make this a sappy post because there is still plenty of time to make many more memories with my Mustang Family!

Tomorrow is the beginning of fall break and I am thrilled to say the least! My friend and I are heading to the Black Hills! I have never been to the Black Hills so this is very exciting. This trip is a spur of the moment decision, so I can’t even tell you what we are going to do. However, what I do know is that it will be a fun time! I love taking spontaneous adventures. What is separating me from this trip is getting through one class presentation, an After School Program at the YMCA, and supervising at the SMSU call center. (I may squeeze in some homework but that’s extremely doubtful: with all of my excitement, I won’t be able to focus!) 

For all of you underclassmen, and even seniors, my advice to you is to get out there! Introduce yourself to a new classmate, go out and start a game of catch, get involved with a new club, grab a group a friends and drive over to cheer on the Mustangs at Wayne State, sit with someone new at lunch.  Whatever it is, big or small, do something that you typically wouldn’t do! I can tell you one thing, you won’t remember the nights you stayed in your room watching marathons of Netflix but you will remember the random trips to Walmart, pranks on your dorm mates, or that road trip during fall break. I challenge you to reach out of your comfort zone and do something different, enjoy the company of your mustang family!

What will you include in your mustang story?

 


Go Mustangs!
Aileen Roman
Senior- Early Childhood & Elementary Education
 

No comments:

Post a Comment