Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Beka is Back as a Mustang and Lovin' It!



The first week of spring semester has begun! We should be all rested up and ready to go for the spring! Some students have started their first spring semester of college, like me, and others have started their last semester. I loved coming back from winter break to see all of my friends and get back into an organized schedule.

My winter break was pretty crazy with family Christmas in Sioux Falls and then a two week vacation in Florida. My family regularly takes trips to the sunshine state, so it wasn't my first go around. Nevertheless, it was eventful.

The first few days we stayed with my aunt and uncle in Orlando. We went to Disney’s Magic Kingdom and Typhoon Lagoon water park. That weekend I had the opportunity to participate in a conference with my aunt’s church in Atlanta Georgia called Passion. That weekend was my favorite part of the whole trip. It was fun to meet new friends who are also in college from and get the opportunity to worship with them. 

When I got back to Orlando, my family and I left to go visit the Florida Keys. While in the Keys, we fished and fed tarpon - some of them were bigger than me. After a couple of days on the beach, we walked around in the Everglades and saw sea horses and alligators. Next we went to my aunt’s condo on an island in the Gulf of Mexico. There we spent our last few days fishing and laying out on the beach.

Although most people would enjoy the sun and beaches, I do have to say that I am excited to be back where there is snow and cold.  Most of all, I am excited to be back as a Mustang at SMSU once more!
This last week went well as I got to know all of my professors and started spending more money on books! J I love my class schedule and my work schedule as well; and I get to hang out with my friends a little more than I did last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment