Thursday, February 17, 2011

Lovin' the Birthday Sombrero...


Wow, it’s been a crazy couple of weeks here at SMSU! This past week two of my roommates had birthdays! On Tuesday night a bunch of us girls met at a great Mexican restaurant in town called Mariachi’s. Their fajitas are fantastic if any one every wants to stop in and grab one! The birthday girl had to wear a sombrero while they played her a little tune. We got some great pictures as you can see below! On Sunday my other roommate was celebrating her 20th birthday. Earlier that afternoon we went to a matinee at the Marshall Six to see The Roommate. Then we picked up Papa Murphy’s pizza and stayed in and watched a few more scary movies.
As I am sure you all know Monday was Valentine’s Day. There was plenty of love in the air on campus. I was shocked that afternoon to find a very large box outside my door addressed to me! Once I opened it I found a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, and a cute note inside. I still have not received an answer as to who it was but I am very thankful to my secret Valentine!
I am also on the SMSU dance team. In celebration of Valentine’s Day we are putting together a sweetheart dance. Each of the girls chose a male dance partner and we will be performing next weekend at Hero Night for the SMSU Men’s Basketball team halftime show. This is my favorite dance of the year. The boys get so into it and the audience loves it! If you want to see it check out the I Love the SMSU Dance Team page on Facebook sometime after next weekend!

I hope you all enjoy your long weekend!








Bertina Miller
Junior- New London, MN

1 comment:

  1. Mariachi's sounds like a great place!
    I love sombreros and fajitas.
    Ole!

    ReplyDelete