Friday, April 1, 2011

Relay for Life!

This is an exciting time of year for everyone as spring is coming with summer soon to follow! T-20 days until classes are over and finals begin. We just had advising day on campus, so all of the classes were canceled and students were advised all day by the faculty. This is one of my favorite times of year, not only because the English Department offers free lunch, pop, and dessert, but also because I get to work with my faculty advisor to plan out my schedule for the next semester; because I’m a junior this year, next year is my senior year, and it’s crazy that I can SEE THE END! These last three years have seriously flown by; I can remember everything so vividly and everything seems like it has happened within this past year! (I still feel like a freshman)

I love this time of year because everyone is looking forward to their summer vacations, and everyone always seems to be in a great mood! This time of year things are moving at a million miles per hour, and there are so many activities and events going on that keep everyone on their toes.

This weekend Relay for Life will be held in the RA Facility here on campus. Different teams will set up “camp sites” all around the gym, and people will be walking the track all night long. I’ve participated in this for the last two years with the Women’s Soccer Team and it is an absolute BLAST!

There are games, activities, food, walking, fellowship, and a Relay for Life Ceremony where a number of cancer survivors are honored. It is such a rewarding experience that everyone can be a part of, especially knowing that all proceeds are going to a phenomenal cause!

I hope that everyone is starting to get spring fever and is having just as much fun as I am in this crazy season! Finish STRONG!!!

Kelly Fitzgerald

Junior - Marshalltown, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment