Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Mid-Semester Fun!

After returning from Cancun, Mexico for Spring Break, I can honestly say it was hard getting back into the swing of things. Now, a week later, I am finally back on track with my old schedule of school, work, clubs, and hanging out with my friends. Although Mexico was a blast, I am glad to be back in Marshall and back at SMSU.

It is right in the middle of spring semester which means mid-terms and classes in full swing! With this beautiful weather we have been having, for me it means more studying outside, as well as the occasional game of kickball. I am still waiting for the weather man to tell me that winter is officially over before I pack up my winter boots. One reason the weather needs to stay nice is so that my friends and I can go watch and support the SMSU Baseball and Softball teams. Last year, many games got cancelled due to poor weather, so I hope this year is a different story. I can’t wait to sit outside and cheer on the Mustangs!

Another exciting event for me is the SIFE (Students In Free Enterprise) Regional tournament happening on Thursday. This on-campus organization works on various projects throughout the year and then assembles a presentation team to present all of our hard work at competition. Hundreds of teams will present their 24 minute speeches, hoping to make it to Nationals! I am very excited to show off all of our accomplishments this year, which will hopefully earn us a spot at Nationals. This is just one of the many clubs I participate in and enjoy that will help me in the future!

Laura Johnson
Junior - Maple Lake, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment