Friday, December 14, 2012

Hey All!

I can’t believe how fast this semester has gone. Seems like just yesterday I was moving in and enjoying all of the new freshmen being on campus for Orientation weekend. Time has flown by though and now it’s all study, study, study for final exams coming up next week. I have successfully submitted my final papers and presentations and now 4 finals stand between me and my Christmas break.

Amanda and friends enjoying the snow!
As for me, I am enjoying this weather. This past weekend, Marshall received around 14 inches of snow and we were under blizzard like conditions. Campus wasn’t opened until 10:30 on Monday due to all of the snow. Many professors that travel to Marshall cancelled their classes that they had in the afternoon so there were a number of students, including myself, that didn’t have classes at all on Monday.  My friends and I definitely took advantage of the weather and played outside in the snow..and of course took many pictures!

Tonight and tomorrow the Men’s and Women’s basketball teams will be playing Minnesota State University and Concordia St. Paul. Tonight’s game against the Mavericks will also be, ‘Merica night. Students will be proudly sporting their U.S.A. gear. Tomorrow the Mustangs will be taking on the Golden Bears and the fans will be in their Ugly Sweaters! Get away from studying by cheering on your Mustangs and get a little creative with your outfit!

In closing would like to wish the best of luck to all of the students taking their finals next week; You’ll do great! I would also like to send my thoughts and prayers out to all of the people affected by the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.

As always, Go Mustangs! And Go Pack Go!

Amanda Brunner
Sophomore - Arkansaw, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment