Tuesday, November 24, 2015

SMSU - Preparing and Shaping Students for Success



Hey Everyone!

My name is Lucas Bade, and I get a chance to share with you a little bit about me and my SMSU story.  I am a senior majoring in Physical Education with a Sport Management emphasis. One of the many things I like about SMSU is the fact that everyone is different and has his/her own story on how he/she got to where he/she is in life today. Some people are from small towns and, some are from big cities; some are sons of CEO’s, and others are farmers’ daughters. I have had a unique situation where I have received a little of both perspectives. I live in Minnesota City, Minnesota, a town of 200 people; but Minnesota City is right next to a town of 30,000+. The latter is where I went to high school and got the big-city feel. Spending time around both has diversified me, allowing me to see different situations through different viewpoints.  In high school, I thought I gained a lot of knowledge about the world around me, but SMSU has shown me more.

My favorite thing about SMSU and what it offers to its students is the education beyond the classroom. Getting involved in college is essential to shaping who you are.  I am personally involved with multiple clubs and organizations on campus, and all are a little different. I am involved with the Ambassador program, SMSU Student Senate, and Enactus. All three offer a different group of people, a different knowledge base, and different skill set. All have led to great experiences for me and meeting people I never thought I’d meet. For example, last month Enactus flew a couple SMSU students out to Riverside California for a Conference. At this event, I was able to meet a west coast regional manager of Finish Line, get his contact information, and I now talk with him on a weekly bases. SMSU has been a great place to mold my personal and career goals.

Ride On Stangs!
Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment