Monday, November 21, 2016

SMSU Clubs & Organizations!

Hello Mustangs! 

I hope this week is going well for everyone! My name is Ivan Carrillo and I am a freshman this year; I'm originally from California, but I moved to Minneapolis, MN when I was 5 years old. I am planning on pursuing a major in psychology and a minor in sociology. I also work for the Admission Office and am a Student Ambassador. I am involved in several different clubs and organizations on campus, including: the Latino club, Enactus, Hmong Student Organization, and RHA. Clubs and student organizations are a great way to meet new people and get involved!

For the Latino club and Hmong Student Organization, we learn about their culture, as well as go on trips to other colleges or to the Twin Cities. Enactus is a club where we help small businesses grow. Also, if we ever have an idea for something we want to start, Enactus will help us get the resources we need. Resident Hall Association (RHA) is an organization for students who live on campus. This organization is set to help with issues that happen in the dorms and to provide a better experience for students who live on campus.Check out this link: https://southwestmsu.collegiatelink.net/ for more info about all the great clubs and organizations on campus!

My first two months on campus have been great! I’ve met a variety of students, staff, and faculty members. Class has been easy, but I know it’ll get much more challenging from here on out. 

Have a great rest of the week! 

Ivan Carrillo 

No comments:

Post a Comment