Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The First Few Weeks...

My first few weeks of college have been wonderful! I have had such an amazing time getting to know everyone and it has definitely exceeded my expectations already.

Orientation weekend was an absolute blast and was such a great way to meet people before classes started. The various activities such as Mud Volleyball, Good for Gary Concert, Jello Jam and the street dance have made these first few weeks a really great experience.

There is always something going on on campus that suits a wide variety of people. Being in the Mustang Traditions house and being a Mustang Maniac I get front row seats at all the home games and am expected to be wild and crazy. I love being a Mustang Maniac because I love showing off my school pride and being silly with so many others.

Getting involved in different clubs has been fun like STAT (Students Today Alumni Tomorrow). This past weekend the STAT, Mustang Maniacs and Mustang Traditions all got together for road/ditch clean up which was a great way to kick off AG Bowl.

Meeting my professors has been a great experience also, I truly feel that they all care about my success. There are so many ways on campus to get help with homework whether its meeting upperclassmen that are majoring in my field, getting a group together in class to study together or going to the tutoring sessions down in the Academic Commons, everyone here is so willing to help me succeed. Coming to SMSU has been the best choice I have made so far in my life, I really feel like this is where I belong.

Katie Salden
Freshman - Cokato, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment