Thursday, December 3, 2015

Choosing The Right College - Aaron's Journey to SMSU!



Hi Everyone!

            My name is Aaron Bible, and I’m a freshman at SMSU! I’m from St. Cloud, MN and an Exercise Science Major for Pre-Chiropractic. Looking for the right college is hard, because you want to find the right fit for yourself. I was lucky enough to find my best fit, so I’m going to be talking about a few of the many things that brought me to SMSU.

            When looking at colleges, you want to find one that gives a great value of education for the price. SMSU was that place. Through their very generous scholarships, I was able to come in as a freshmand much more confident that I will be able to handle paying off college. I also knew that I’d be getting great value in what I would get out of SMSU.

            With SMSU also comes a great small school atmosphere. I came from a pretty decent sized town in St. Cloud, so I wanted to go to school at which I could stand out and be myself. That is SMSU. At SMSU, you are a real person, and not just a number. Everyone is very friendly and makes you feel important. It’s hard to walk down a hallway and not know someone in it. With all of the clubs and activities to choose from, it’s challenging to not want to get involved. Marshall is also a great college town with enough stuff to keep you busy and allow you to have fun!

            The biggest reason I came here was the great professors. From meeting with them briefly during Mustang Days, I was able to get a great sense from them that they really care about their students; and I was right! Within my first week of classes, all of my professors knew me by name. All of the professors I’ve had have been very willing and able to help and provide both myself, and other students with the necessary advice and teaching to succeed. This has been the biggest advantage for me in coming to SMSU.

May your Mustang Dreams live on!

Aaron Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment