Monday, October 12, 2009

Elise!!

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about me. I’ve never blogged before so hopefully I won’t bore you to death!

I’m Elise Kazmerzak, a freshman Public Relations Major from Lake Preston, South Dakota. Southwest Minnesota State had always appealed to me because of the location and small size. I wanted a school just far enough from home that I could make the trip back, but I wouldn’t feel obligated to make it all the time. I was also looking for a school where I wouldn’t get lost and become just a number to my professors. Southwest is just that place! My professors all know my name and really care about my educational experience here. I wanted to be involved, and I knew that if I went to a larger college I would not be as motivated to try new things. Another draw was the city of Marshall, which is very welcoming, has so many businesses to offer yet its size provides a sense of safety and friendliness. Finally, the deciding factor was that SMSU offered a Public Relations major with very knowledgeable faculty in the areas of radio, TV, speech, and public relations. After my first visit to the campus in April, I knew SMSU was really where I belonged!

My first semester here at SMSU is going great, and I’m keeping busy with radio/TV club, intramural sand volleyball and intramural competitive volleyball. I have helped with the television production of SMSU volleyball games for radio/TV club. A lot of the other members of the club have been busy producing and broadcasting the football games as well. I’ve made some great friends within this group. I am in class with many of these students, so it’s really nice to have those connections. I was in volleyball in high school and even though I wasn’t that good, I really enjoyed the sport, and I knew I would miss it when I went to college. Intramural volleyball has been a great way for me to stay active and involved as well as make some great buddies!

Go Mustangs! More exciting blogging to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment