Monday, October 12, 2009

Juno Malla's post

Hi Everyone,

I'm Juno Malla and this is my first blog. I am from Kathmandu, Nepal. I came to SMSU in spring 2009. My major is Business Administration. The first semester in college is always so exciting for everyone. As an International student I get to have different experience to study with students from all around the world. English was the second language in my home country, but after coming to United States, I had to make english as my first language. It took me a while to be adjusting with different system of education in United States because back home we don't have quizzes and paper due every week. I took twelve credits my first semester, so it wasn't difficult for me to adjust with it.

I am also associated with ISO ( International Students Association). I am volunteering as secretary for ISO. ISO has been the home to me, ISO has done its best to make Southwest my "home-away-from-home." ISO has been organizing many volunteery Programs and has helped to adjust to the culture and encourage us accomplish our academic and career goals. We have exciting program coming up this weekend.October 10th is Homecoming Coming Parade and we hope to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment