Monday, February 27, 2012

Somewhere Warm for Spring Break?

Spring break is right around the corner! I’m counting down the days—even though I have no plans made, it’ll be nice to have a week break from classes, be able to sleep in til noon, and be able to eat home-cooked meals daily. Since I’m a poor (very poor) college student, I couldn’t plan any warm, fun spring break plans. So, my friends and I are planning a night at a hotel. The hot tub will be the closest, warmest thing to a ocean. Since I don’t have many plans made, my very concerned and organized mother made a full list of plans for me when I am home for the week: doctor visits, dentist appointments, FASFA papers to fill out, and discussing next falls classes, housing, etc. The list drags on… A weeks break from Marshall will make me realize how much I love being at college. I’ll miss having my roommate be my alarm clock every morning, being surrounded by my friends, the daily cup of coffee at Java City, and taking naps in between classes. That is only a short list of the things I will miss. I don’t think I’ll miss homework, lab reports, papers, test, or quizzes but the positive out-weighs the negative. I hope everyone has a fun spring break!

Katie Langel
Freshman-Remsen, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment