Friday, April 6, 2012

The Next Step

It’s about that time to start looking forward to what lies ahead. For most seniors, it’s either a full-time job, an internship, or unemployment come May, but for some of us it’s just a little bit different. I am planning to walk/graduate in May, but technically I won’t be finished with my degree until I complete student teaching in December. I’m not exactly sure where I will be placed, but we will all find out our teaching placements April 18th!

With graduation now less than a month away, I’m starting to get extremely excited for what’s to come. As much as I love the fall, with the leaves changing and classes starting, I absolutely LOVE the spring! The campus is seriously buzzing with excitement from all of the activities and events going on. On Wednesday there was a fresh squeezed lemonade stand outside of the Residential Restaurant—it was delicious and free! Inside the Residential Restaurant it was a picnic/BBQ theme and the chef informed me that they would be having fun themed Wednesday’s for the rest of the year. On top of all of the tasty treats around campus, the weather is not to be forgotten. The campus is starting to bloom with flowers; the tree buds are starting to blossom, and the grass is turning so green it’s absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait until the lilac bushes outside of the CH Library entrance start to bloom because they’re my favorite!!


I’ve started to clean out my room and our house in preparation for moving out. I didn’t realize just how much stuff I’ve accumulated over the past four years! As I was cleaning, I found so many things that I have been missing and so many things that brought back memories. I found old notebooks from classes I took my freshman year, my favorite pair of sweatpants, a few graded papers, and a bunch of other useless junk that I’ve managed to cling on to. I decided I would take a car full of things home this weekend to lighten the load for when my parents come, but I have a feeling I’ve only begun to make a small dent. Plus, who has time to pack inside when there is so much to be done outside in this beautiful weather? Not me!

Kelly Fitzgerald
Senior – Marshalltown, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment