Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tornado!

Sunday afternoon a tornado watch/warning hit Marshall. The sirens went off twice and everyone in my dorm was freaking out. A few friends and I stood outside for a bit then the windy instantly stopped and the clouds rolled in darker and lower. At that point we knew we had to get inside and stay away from windows. My RA was rushing around knocking on everyone's door to tell them to get to safety in the first floor hallway. My roommate and I grabbed our computers and headed down to the hallway. We stayed in the hallway for about 30 minutes waiting for the storm to pass. Soon after the clouds lifted, the sun came out and it started to lightly rain. I thought there would be a rainbow, but I didn't see one. It was an eventful Sunday!

Katie Langel
Freshman - Remsen, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment