Thursday, April 12, 2012

Summertime

The end of spring semester is quickly approaching and that means making plans for the summer.  For the past two years I have always gone home over the three months to enjoy the warm weather.  This year though, I decided to stay in Marshall and enjoy the benefits of this town while not having to attend classes.  This will be my first summer not living at home and I am excited! 

One activity that is always fun is to go floating down the Redwood River.  A group of us get together, buy $2 floaties from the Dollar Tree and just drift right through the middle of town.  It is always a good time, especially when the humidity is high.  Another event to enjoy in Marshall over the summer months is attending A’s games, the amateur baseball team.  They are pretty good and it’s nice just to keep in touch with everyone at a social event.

While it is nice to think about summer and plan for warm days, the reality of it is that we still have three weeks of school left.  We have our Fine Arts Festival going on throughout the month of April and into the first week of May.  At this showcase, there are different features from poetry readings, senior portfolios, plays, and concerts.  I am excited to attend a couple of these to support my friend’s hard work throughout this past year.  I would like to attend more, however, at this time of the year it is crunch time for final projects and I have plenty.  I hope the spring months are treating you well! GO MUSTANGS!!

Laura Johnson
Junior – Maple River, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment