Friday, November 16, 2012

Buck Fever Has Officially Hit!

With a nice long weekend and a four day week, I can’t believe that today is already Friday. This week has just flown. Not only that, but Thanksgiving break is next week. Some students on campus have their schedules worked out to where they can go home today and not come back until after break. For me though, I have a couple tests on Monday along with work and important classes on Tuesday. Also this weekend is, “A Day at SMSU,” which is a big visit day for perspective students. All student ambassadors are required to be there and give tours. I am opening up my room in Sweetland Hall this weekend for a show room so the students will get the chance to see both residential options that the University provides. A few of my friends and I decided that we are going to have a movie marathon this weekend.

This week was full of music around campus. On Tuesday night XY Unlimited performed in the lower conference center and on Thursday night Kris Allen and Eric Hutchinson performed a concert in the Recreation Athletic Facility. The XY Unlimited show was free for students, but the Allen/Hutchinson concert had a fee of $15.00 for students with their Mustang ID, $20.00 for general admission, and $25.00 if tickets were purchased on the day of the show. There were many students and general members that attended the concert. On Thursday night there was also a home men’s basketball game. They had a hard battle against Michigan Tech and were just 8 points shy of a win.

As for me, I am busy getting final projects pulled together. Career Services has been a great reference for me this past week. Part of the criteria for a class is to get your resume analyzed by a trained professional. What a better place to go than on campus to Career Services. They were very helpful and honest with what I had and I now have something I feel proud to turn in not only to the professor but as well as in the future when I am job searching. Getting together with my group members has also been fun. Listening to other’s thoughts and ideas is rewarding because it opens up your own mind to new ideas as well. We are working on managing social media in the workforce; something that our generation is fully aware of and will have to deal with when entering a job. Because it is so relevant, it is fun to work on and research. We look forward to presenting our information we have gathered to our professor and to our other colleagues.

I would like to wish all the Wisconsinites the best of luck and safety this weekend during gun opener. Being the hunter that I am, I can’t wait for break to come and hopefully knock down a big buck one of my own! I would like to share this picture of a nice Wisconsin buck that my uncle shot with his bow.  Congrats again Terry! :)


Amanda Brunner
Sophomore – Arkansaw, WI

No comments:

Post a Comment