Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas and Basketball

In my past three years at college, we have never had fall semester go right up to the week before Christmas, until my now!  There are definitely some mixed feelings on campus about whether or not this is a good thing.  I think it is beneficial because we have three weeks to finish final projects for all of our classes instead of the normal two.  However, that also means that we only have a couple days after finals week to get home and settled for Christmas.  Oh well what can you do besides adjust, which happens quite often in college!

Speaking of Christmas, it has definitely taken over for the campus of SMSU!  Personally, my house has been in the spirit since October because one of my roommates is absolutely crazy about Christmas.  At the school, the big tree is up in the student center, holiday music is always playing, and I have even started to see some ugly Christmas sweaters.  Although I do I have a friend that wears one all year long so that does not surprise me at all!

This Saturday is the first NSIC play for the men’s and women’s basketball teams.  The theme for this game is White Out. I am excited to see everyone getting into the basketball spirit!  I will let you know next week how it went!

Laura Johnson
Senior – Maple Lake, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment