Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Beautiful Mustang Weekend!

What a weekend it was! The weather was just beautiful; mid to high 60’s brought fantastic playing and cheering weather. Volleyball played Winona State Friday, the 21st, and won in 3 matches. Saturday brought a 3-1 loss for soccer against Upper Iowa, another win for volleyball in 4 matches also against Upper Iowa, and a glorious 28-24 win for Mustang football also against Upper Iowa. Sunday then brought a close 2-1 over-time loss for soccer against Winona State.

The Beautiful weather welcomed many families for Family Day on Saturday. It also welcomed wonderful cheerleading that night, didn’t even have to put on our warm-ups until half-time. By fourth quarter, we felt no need for the jackets thanks to constant dancing and the school song.

Due to bad health last weekend, I hadn’t cheered since the homecoming game and was forgetting everything! Luckily, I’m a person that can just laugh at my mistakes and not be embarrassed. And that’s exactly what I did; I just laughed and kept on cheering the Mustangs to a victory. My mom was just thrilled to be able to watch me laugh at my goofs and watch the Stangs win.

Overall, it was a fantastic weekend at SMSU and I can’t wait to perform at Late Show, the 27th, nor for the final home game on November 5th.

Go Mustangs!

Rebecca Lockwood
Sophomore – Fenton, IA

No comments:

Post a Comment