Monday, October 24, 2011

SMSU On & Off Campus

First of all, as a student who commutes to school every day I am really enjoying this Marshall weather! In past years the middle of October is greeted with snow shoveling. The amazing weather followed me on October 4th when myself and other dedicated students and staff from SMSU traveled to Minneapolis to attend the National College Fair. This fair is a two day event and is the largest college fair in the United States. Thousands of students come through the doors hoping to find the college that best suits them. For me, it was a great experience mostly because I got to brag about Southwest to prospective students the whole time. I can honestly say that for plenty of students I talked to, SMSU is where they belong!

As far as events happening on campus, Mustang Days took place on October 21st and 22nd. These two visit days are filled with information about Southwest and all it has to offer. Hundreds of students heard about the admission process, visited a career fair, and took a tour of the school. As an ambassador, my favorite part was giving students a tour around campus and hearing all of their questions and concerns about college. I found myself looking back and remembering I had a lot of similar questions as they did while I was going through the search for the right college. At the end of my search, however, I landed on SMSU and could not be happier with the outcome!

Laura Johnson
Junior - Maple Lake, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment