Monday, October 17, 2011

Fall Break at SMSU!

With the first few months of school being very busy and chaotic and midterm exams right around the corner, students needed a much deserved Fall Break. This is always one of my favorite times of the year, because I get to look forward to a four day weekend full of relaxation and lots of fun!

Fall Break is a great time for students to go back home and visit their family and friends and to just take some time off from classes and school work. Our students always work extremely hard in the classroom, so it is always fun knowing that a nice long weekend is awarded to us.

The tension of Fall Break was building weeks before it got here. With this great fall weather, it was no surprise that students were anxious for some time off. all of my friends had very fun plans for Fall Break, and I wanted nothing less from mine.

For my Fall Break, I headed up to Duluth, MN to visit Lake Superior and the great tourist attractions there. I traveled to see a few of my high school friends who go to school there. It was a lot of fun to hang out with them and to just relax and enjoy the great city. They showed me a lot of the town that I had never seen before. It was great catching up with them and seeing them again. Going to different schools, you do not get the chance to see each other every day anymore.

With the long Fall Break weekend over, it is now time to go back to class and continue to work hard this semester. Mid-term exams and projects are coming up, and students need to know the importance of going to class and getting good grades in order to graduate in a timely fashion. Before you know it, this semester will be over, and half the year will be over-where is all this time going?!

Go Mustangs!

Tyler Glynn
Sophomore-Jordan, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment